Thursday, October 24, 2013

Week 4 EOC: There's An App For That!



A problem I often have is temporarily misplacing various items. Therefore, an app to help me find my things would be of great assistance. The first thing that popped in my head was, “How can I make an app that finds things that don’t have an internet connection? Like simple jewelry or keys etc.” The next idea I came up with was a bit surprising but it made sense. I could make an app that would scan rooms or areas using short wave sonar. This would allow the app to see what the naked eye can’t. For example, the app would see behind dressers, underneath big obstacles, and much more. The simplicity and convenience would be wonderful. Also, I would add a feature that allows users to tag items. In doing this, if you lost an item that was tagged by the app, when scanning an area the app would automatically look for objects that fit the tagged object’s precise dimensions.
                It would be a quick and easy way to look for items that you know are in certain places and you just can’t see them or to find items that you lost and completely forgot about! Everyone loses or temporarily misplaces things. Perhaps I’d call it “Lost and Found”, or most likely something a bit more creative and inviting. However, the point is if I could get it to work it would definitely be of use to many people who are just like me; people who sit things down and forget about them. What would allow it to sale would be the fact that although the technology would be complex it would be as simple as downloading an app on your phone. Not to mention, who wouldn’t want to be able to see through walls and objects with their phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment